NATURALLY THIN: 5 Tips from
Invisible Weight Loss Newsletter
IWL Issue #11
5 Tips For
Winning The Weight Loss War
HEB in Texas is the best supermarket on the planet… FIND YOURS!
All weight loss wars are won or lost on five major battlefronts…
- Supermarket -- What you buy at the store determines what you eat at home. Most wars are lost here at the first battle. Win this battle with a real supermarket plan. See my book, Cure Diet Disease With Invisible Weight Loss, for a great one on page 165, "15 Supermarket Survival Tips That Save You Time and Money."
- Your Kitchen -- What you prepare, how you prepare it and the frequency you eat at home has a major influence on weight loss. When you eat at home you control ingredients, quality, calories and size of portions. A home cooked meal averages 40% less calories than a similar restaurant meal. Eat 75% of your meals at home and dramatically increase the possibility of weight loss success.
- Restaurants -- Another bloody battlefield in the weight loss war. I can't tell you the number of times people told me their weight loss effort ended with a trip to their favorite fat factory. Start paying close attention to what you order, amount consumed and frequency of visits. Eat at restaurants, but eat sensibly.
- Your mind -- If you don't think you can... you can't. Don't let mental self-limitations based on past mistakes deter you from what you want most. Living a naturally thin life free of weight loss worries. Ninety percent of weight loss is in the head. Ten percent is everything else.
- Your body --- When you disrespect your body you disrespect life. And life will bite you in the butt if you don't take care of your body. It's the only one you have. No trade-ins allowed, surgical modifications are possible at astronomical rates, but you're stuck with government issue. Appreciate your body as much as air, water and food. All are required for life.
Win these five battles and you win the war. Master these five critical factors and you live a long, happy, naturally thin life.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT: A very successful weight loss client once told me her secret to success was thinking "everyone was out to keep her fat." She said she began noticing how easy it was to eat an extra 500 calories a day. She used "vigilance" -- her word, not mine -- as her ultimate weight loss secret. Simply paying attention. Being aware. Taking notice and then making choices in her own best interest. Here's what she did. Stopped drinking an average two soft drinks a day. Changed lunch restaurants from her favorite fast food burger joint to a real deli. Started drinking a fruit smoothie for breakfast. Stopped eating at her desk. NOTHING ELSE CHANGED. NO DIET REQUIRED. I think there's something to think about here.
BARB'S TIP: I live in a city that can boast the best Tex Mex food on the planet. As I've gotten older, I've modified what I order. Instead of three sour cream and cheese covered enchiladas I order three tacos with corn tortillas. Corn tortillas reduce 100 calories per taco and enhance the taste and texture of the taco. Order Charro beans instead of refried and save another 75 calories. And remember what "grande" means in Spanish, YOU DON'T NEED IT!
NEXT ISSUE: I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE…
Thanks for reading.
I like you,
Author, Cure Diet Disease With Invisible Weight Loss
and 251 Proven Quick Weight Loss Tips