The Facts About Obesity Survey confirmed what many diet veterans suspect. But you be the judge. What do these four questions have in common?
1. What do you consider the most important component of a healthy diet plan?
10. Have quick weight loss diets ever fulfilled your expectations or the promises made?
- fast weight loss (22%)
- easy weight loss (17%)
- safe and healthy weight loss (34%)
- permanent weight loss (27%)
13. How many crash diets have you been on in the last three years?
- yes (2%)
- no (76%)
- never tried one (22%)
29. Which appeals to you more? A quick weight loss plan or permanent weight loss plan?
- 0-1 (33%)
- 2-3 (27%)
- 4-5 (21%)
- 5 or more (19%)
- permanent weight loss plan (74%)
- quick weight loss plan (26%)
These four questions deal with speed, ease, safety and permanence of weight loss. In question #1, only 27% selected PERMANENT. Compare that to question #29 where 74% selected PERMANENT. This is a contradiction that is easily explained.
RESEARCH ON OBESITY CONCLUSION
Fast, easy, safe and permanent are all powerful weight loss motivations. However, there is far more skepticism about these claims in 2010 than the recent past. Years of endless diets have taught the overweight that fast, quick, easy, safe and permanent are not as easily achieved as they are promised. People who diet know the truth. Fast and quick are code for severe calorie deprivation and grueling exercise. Permanent can only be achieved by burning as many calories as you consume everyday for the rest of your life. Period. No shortcuts.
FACTS ABOUT OBESITY SURVEY FINDINGS
Only 2% of participants claimed any quick weight loss success while 76% said they had no success with a quick weight loss plan.
Click here to go to the FACTS ABOUT OBESITY SURVEY Research On Obesity page.
Go to HOME PAGE.