Easy chicken recipes solve two problems. Simple to make and usually fall in the low calorie foods category.
Most chicken stew I've tried is nothing more than glorified chicken soup. Boring as all get out!
I make a point to eat at the Chuy's restaurant on Barton Springs Road in Austin, Texas at least once a month. I always order the Green Chile Stew. One of my top five favorite restaurant meals. It's not only one of the all time great healthy dinner recipes, but also qualifies as a low calorie foods winner.
This recipe was posted on the Internet a few years ago claiming it was from the Chuy's in San Antonio. Frankly, I don't know where this super chicken stew originated, but I will tell you, I make it often and my friends love it. Easily one of my most valued easy chicken recipes.
Green chile chicken stew is a low calorie foods champion. The best of healthy dinner recipes and the TASTE IS AMAZING!
SERVE WITH: Warm flour tortillas or fresh French bread and a tossed green salad.
CALORIES: 1/8 of the recipe = 360 calories; 1/6 of the recipe = 480 calories.
- 2 cups (6-8 chiles) fresh Sandia green chiles*
- Whole Chicken (3-4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1-2 T. vegetable oil
- 6 cups onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 cups carrots, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 4 cups Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 T. salt
- 1 T. pepper
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups new potatoes, 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup diced green onions
- flour tortillas (serve warm, on the side)
*Substitute a mix of Anaheim and Poblano chiles if Sandia chiles aren't available.
Go to REAL FOOD WEIGHT LOSS RECIPES and
leave easy chicken recipes -- Green Chile Stew.
Go to HOME PAGE.